S-07 FILM EXTRACT
 
S-07 FILM EXTRACT: Ah… Trusty Oscillators
Monday 26 January 2009
Ah… Trusty Oscillators
For my role in the project, I've been looking into various sound effects, sound artists and generally creepy things that make equally creepy noises. For instance, I have spent a lot of my time playing with a home-made sound box known as an oscillator. This produces various audible frequencies: One of the two dials changes the pitch of the audio, and the other messes about with the frequencies that are produced. I'll upload the audio that I recorded with it at a later date, when I have more time, but for the mean time, here are a couple of links that I have drawn some inspiration from with regards to background music / sound effects : http://www.myspace.com/babygrandbabygrand
(this is my eldest sister's band, and they mess about with an awful lot of instruments and other things that they can modify into instruments to create really experimental sounds. my sister can play the saw, which sounds really fitting for a thriller!)
http://www.myspace.com/chriscorsano
(this guy is an experimental drummer who I have seen perform at an alternative experimental music festival called Palimpsest, and he uses very strange techniques to play his instruments.)
 

Labels:

posted by AS Film Studies Students @ 01:20  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Recent Posts
Post Archive
Post Labels
All FILM EXTRACT Blogs